What to do with your old HP 95LX
What to do with your old HP 95LX
HP looked into the possibility of providing a 95LX-to-100LX upgrade. However, it proved economically unfeasible since the 95LX and the 100LX are made up of different parts -- the 100LX is a completely new machine.
If you purchase a 100LX, what do you do with your 95LX? Here are some options:
Sell your 95LX Locally
Put an add in a paper or sell it to a friend. This solution may require the most time, but it will probably be your best financial option.
Put a "For Sale" notice on an electronic bulletin board
Most private and commercial electronic bulletin boards allow you to put up for sale notices.
Sell your 95LX to a dealer in used equipment
This approach minimizes time and hassle. However, it also minimizes what you will receive for your HP 95LX since the dealer must make the venture profitable for himself (street prices for a brand new 512K 95LX may be less than $400.) Remember, the used equipment dealer must pay his marketing and operations expense so don't be shocked by what he offers you. Currently, I am aware of four such avenues.
Send equipment to: HP 95LX Used Equipment, Thaddeus Computing, 57 E. Broadway, Fairfield, IA 52556, USA. Include a note mentioning this offer with your phone and fax number. You will receive reimbursement within three weeks after we receive the equipment. (You can request credit for renewals to The HP Palmtop Paper, or credit towards The HP Palmtop Paper on disk if you prefer).
- Classic Computers is a company formed by former employees of mine. It deals in used HP PC equipment (HP Portables, HP150's, and now HP Palmtops). Classic Computers phone number is 515-4720383. They are open 10 to 4 CST, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
- EduCALC, USA; Phone: 800-677-7001 or 714-582-2637; Fax: 714-5821445.
- Thaddeus Computing (that's us) can always use extra palmtops for various projects. Please don't call. If you want to mail in your Palmtop equipment and manuals to us, here is what we will pay for equipment in good working order and good shape: 512K 95LX (with manuals) $100; -1MB 95LX (with manuals) -$120; HP Connectivity Pack with cable and manual -$20; 95LX Serial Cable $10; Misc (RAM cards, software and other items), we'll look things over, but we won't be able to offer much, if anything.
Give your 95LX to a friend, family member, or colleague
What a great present to pass along. (If you really want to give them a good start, order them a set of back issues to The HP Palmtop Paper.)
Donate your 95LX to charity
Check with your accountant to see how much you can deduct as a charitable contribution. Universities make natural recipients. If you like the idea but don't want to spend the time finding a recipient, here are two suggestions:
- Send it to the Cristina foundation -The National Cristina Foundation is a not-for-profit organization that shares computer and high tech applications to help people in need lead productive lives. For more information contact: NCF, 42 Hillcrest Drive, Pelham Manor, Ny 10803, USA; Phone: 800-274-7846 or 914738-7494.
- Send it to us marked "HP 95LX Donation" -we'll see that the equipment is donated to our local university, Maharishi International University. (MIU specializes in research in consciousness). We will make sure that MIU sends you a receipt which you can use for your taxes. Send equipment to: 95LX Donation, Thaddeus Computing, 57 E. Broadway, Fairfield, IA 52556, USA.
Notice about Palmtop.net
Palmtop Network with its S.U.P.E.R. (Simply
Unbeatable Palmtop Essentials Repository) software is now
available under the domain name of
|We buy used palmtops,
working or broken: HP 200LX, HP 100LX and 1000CX.