DATA BASE / Memo
DATA BASE / Memo
Highlighting large text blocks in a Notes field and MEMO
ON THE HP 100LX
Notes fields are found in any of the 100LX data base related applications, including PHONE, APPT, DATA BASE, and NOTE TAKER. You can also do the following tip in MEMO. When you have a Notes field that has a lot of text, and you want to highlight and copy all of it to the clipboard, you can use the following procedure.
Granted, it helps to be double-jointed.
- 1. Go to the notes field.
- 2. If you are not at the beginning of the Note field, press (CTRL)-(Fn)-(<LeftArrow>) to go to top of file.
- 3. Press (<Shift>)-(CTRL)-(Fn)-(<RightArrow>) to highlight the text.
- 4. Press (Fn)-(=) to copy text to the clipboard.
- 5. Now you can switch to MEMO or another Notes field, and press (Fn)-(+) to paste the copied note.
ON THE HP 95LX
In MEMO you can copy a large block of text using the following procedure.
Ed Keefe CompuServe ID: [75300,3667]
- 1. Open a text file in MEMO.
- 2. Press (<Shift>)-(<UpArrow>) repeatedly until the cursor is at the beginning of the file.
- 3. Press (F9) to "Mark" the text you want to copy.
- 4. Press (<Shift>)-(<DownArrow>) repeatedly to "Mark" the text to the end of the file.
- 5. Press (F2) to copy the marked text.
- 6. Save the file if necessary, press (MENU) File Open or New, answer Yes to replace without saving, move the cursor to the place in the new file where you want to paste the copied text and press (F4).
Notice about Palmtop.net
Palmtop Network with its S.U.P.E.R. (Simply
Unbeatable Palmtop Essentials Repository) software is now
available under the domain name of
|We buy used palmtops,
working or broken: HP 200LX, HP 100LX and 1000CX.