1. Double-click on the MacLinkPlus/ PC application icon.
2. Click the SET MODE radio button and select MACLINK MODE.
3. Click the SET COMMUNICATIONS radio button and select the following from the pop-up menus:
REMOTE = IBM PC
TRANSFER VIA = DIRECT (CABLE)
SPEED = 19,200 baud
PORT = PHONE
4. Save your settings at this point and name it "Mac/95LX" or whatever you desire.
5. Click the SET TRANSLATORS radio button. Two sets of scrolling menus will appear. The left scrolling menu is your Mac. The right scrolling menu is your "Remote IBM PC" or your 95LX. You'll see a variety of file translation methods. Macintosh MS Word or MacWrite II files can be translated and transferred into the 95LX's text (.TXT) format. Excel spreadsheets can be translated and transferred into the 95LX's Lotus 1-2-3 format (.WK1). Macintosh PICT files can be translated into the 95-LX's picture card format (.PCX).
Notice about Palmtop.net The
Palmtop Network with its S.U.P.E.R. (Simply
Unbeatable Palmtop Essentials Repository) software is now
available under the domain name of