100/200LX--View additional lines in PhoneBook's Note field
Since I put quite a bit of information in PhoneBook's Note field, I found
it inconvenient to see only the top two lines of a Note in the full record
Phone Item screen. I can of course press (F3) to display a full screen
view of the Note field.
Alternatively, I load my Phone-Book file into the built-in Database
application and increased the Note field display in the Phone Item screen
by another 2 to 3 lines by removing the empty space between all the fields.
Because there is no change to the order of the fields, 3rd party translation
software will still work.
Here's how to remove the blank spaces:
Modified Phonebook: Graphic
1. First backup your PHONE .PDB file!
2. Open the Palmtops Database application (press (CTRL)-(PHONE) or (&...)
3. Press (MENU) File Open to access Databases Open File dialog box. By
default, only .GDB Database files will be listed. The Phone-Book file has
a .PDB extension. Type *.PDB in the File to Open box and press (ENTER)
to display any Phone- Book files in the current directory. If your PhoneBook
file is still not listed, Tab to the Directories listing and make sure you're in the directory where your Phone-Book file is located. Highlight
your Phone-Book file and press (ENTER) to load your PhoneBook file into
the Database application.
4. Press (MENU) File Modify Database.
5. Press (TAB) to go to the Business phone field.
6. Press (SHIFT)-(UP-ARROW) to move the field up in small increments until
it is touching the field above. If nothing happens, press (F3) and then
try (SHIFT) (UP-ARROW) again.
7. Do this with each field until all the fields are touching. (If you move
it up so that the lines of the two fields are touching they will show up
as thick solid lines between each field, and you'll be able to see four
lines in the Note field. If you move the fields so that the lines overlap
they will show up as a thin line between each field in the normal display
and you will be able to see five lines displayed instead of four. You may
like one display more than another, so experiment with each.)
8. Press (F3) (DOWN-ARROW) to expand the vertical size of the Note field.
It may look a bit cramped in the beginning but after you get used to it you'll enjoy being able to view four or five lines in the Note area. Wee-Meng
Lee Internet ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Finally, press (F10) to save the changes and (MENU) Quit to leave the
Notice about Palmtop.net
Palmtop Network with its S.U.P.E.R. (Simply
Unbeatable Palmtop Essentials Repository) software is now
available under the domain name of
|We buy used palmtops,
working or broken: HP 200LX, HP 100LX and 1000CX.