Complete Travel Kit
Complete Travel Kit
My ideal North American travel kit is by no means the solution for everyone. Yours may vary with the type of work you want to do with the 95LX, the length of your trip and the amount of money you want to spend.
The items listed below are best packed in two separate locations: 1) a briefcase or carry-on luggage for those things you may need frequently or in a hurry, and, 2) checked-in luggage for the items that you may only need at your destination. My travel kit includes the following:
Use the modular adapter to connect to modular jacks. Otherwise, attach the alligator clips directly to the handset microphone spring contacts to the phone wall jack in "unfriendly" hotels.
- 2400 baud GVC Pocket Modem; Homemade 9-pin to 25-pin cable for above modem; RAM card for back-ups; modular phone jack adapter (2 from 1); 25 foot modular phone cable (phone jacks are sometimes far from the power source if you are running on AC);
- 8 foot extension cord;
- Plug-in adapter for the modem and an adapter for the 95LX;
- 95LX serial cable and DB-9 male to DB-25 female pin adapter;
- Spare batteries for the 95LX, modem, battery back-up and the RAM card; DB-9 male to DB-25
- DB-9 male to DB-9 female null modem adapter; Back-up disks and Eric Meyer's ZIP file transfer program from the Subscribers Disk;
- Connectivity pack disk;
- Swiss Army Knife (for getting into places you really shouldn't be).
- A 4-pin to modular adapter cable with alligator clips on wires attached to the base of the two wider spaced pins.
Solder two short lengths of hook-up wire to the base of the pins marked red and green (so you can still plug it into a socket if need be) and attach alligator clips to the wire ends.
One person also suggested that I consider bringing a second modem as a back-up. Good idea if you have the money. Same thing goes for the spare RAM card for back-ups.
Conception Bay South
Notice about Palmtop.net
Palmtop Network with its S.U.P.E.R. (Simply
Unbeatable Palmtop Essentials Repository) software is now
available under the domain name of
|We buy used palmtops,
working or broken: HP 200LX, HP 100LX and 1000CX.