|Everything HP200LX: Knowledge, Products, Service|
USING FILER WITH MODEM TO COMMUNICATE WITH PC RUNNING APP95
A little known and even less documented capability within FILER is the ability to use a modem to communicate with a PC running the APP95 software contained in the HP Connectivity Pack. This feature allows all functions within Filer to be used across phone lines.
Making the connection is surprisingly easy, but requires that your PC to be left on, running APP95. On your PC, do the following:
1. With a communications program, put your modem in the auto- answer mode.
2. Start APP95 on your PC and enter FILER.
3. Press (ALT)-(F10) Remote-Set Config and set the port and baud rate to your modem.
4. Press (ESC) and return to FILER.
Perform the following steps on your 95LX:
1. Hook up 95LX to a modem.
2. Open FILER, press (MENU) Remote-Set Config Baud.
3. Set the baud rate of your 95LX's modem the same as your PC's.
4. Enter the telephone number that your PC is hooked up to.
5. Set Tone/Pulse as applicable and return to FILER.
6. Press (F7) to split the screen.
7. Press (F6) (Remote). You will connect in about 20 seconds.
At this point your PC will be in Server mode and you can perform all of FILER's tasks except remotely running a program.
Please note, if you use FILER later in a direct connection mode, don't keep a number in the DIAL option. This will increase the time to make a connection.
CompuServe ID: [71551,467]
Copyright © 2010 Thaddeus Computing Inc